Thursday, February 09, 2006

Well Well Well...

Well I'm kinda back.

Kinda.


Gosh this blog is pathetic, it seems no
one ever reads it, makes me look like I don't even
have a friend. ;-)


Thankfully I do have a couple good friends,
they just happen to hate contemporary art
and always wonder why I "loose so much of my time"
caring. Hello, if anyone reads out there !



At any rates, my health is ok
for now. Actually I don't want
to talk about it: I am passing MRI
each 2 months for the next couple years
to make sure I'm ok. All chances are on
my side.


I don't want this blog to be
about babbling details of my personal life
either, because I think that is the wrong
way of blogging, and the reason I started
this was to talk about my artworld endeavours.



Which....Actually might change A LOT, because
I don't think that I need to see that much art anymore.
I feel these days that I acquired through the last 20 years
years a pretty decent idea of its possibilities, if
that may sound pretentious.



Today I went to visit my first gallery exhibit of the year
(and since a good while). It actually wasn't a good idea, I came back
with a big headache and pain.

The fun thing is that I entered the gallery
(Dazibao) and it was filled with photographs of people that I first
thought were doctors (surgeons).

My gosh, is it a good sign?

These people actually work for Hewlett Packard, but
I wasn't feeling great enough to start reading
anything about it. In fact, I left 4001
Berri as soon as I entered, thinking that I would come another
time for other galleries. I think I just got an
average flu, or I'm reacting to the liquids that
got into my body recently, or medication.


The artist is Mark Curran, in case anyone
is interested. "Hello Mark Curran, sorry
for that very lame review".


Personally I think that when we grow older,
they are many cases when some of us will
be loosing bits of our intellectual senses. And so while
walking back home in this half-numbed state
I was in earlier, I was thinking about the sort of art I would make
so that it could be received by people who are
not in their greatest form, intellectually or otherwise.


I was thinking about how an energetic healer
that I went to visit a few weeks back (because I want to put
esoterism on my side, as I do standard medicine
and natural health) told me that my "chakrah energy"
was way too debalanced, and that too much
was concentrated on the cerebral.


My immediate reply was that I was visiting
way too much art exhibits. I just knew it.
I think the kind of art experiences that artists propose me
these days are not the ones that can really help someone feel better.

Art can make you think, it can mirror back or extirpates
your deepest emotions. It can also, at times, make you
feel all sorts of sensation.

But can art really help someone "feel better" ?
Hmmm...Maybe when it's humoristic.


I think a doctor would reply that if you're
the one making the art, it can help "you" feel better.


That's the option I'm considering the most right now,
if I can pull back a bit of all this energy
that seemed to have drained from me recently.



Expect a slow blog here, but
hopefully at some point that would
mean that I'm just very busy.



Cheers,

Cedric Caspesyan
centiment@hotmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home